Tyler & Reynolds Professional Corporation is the successor to the practice of Charles Hitchcock Tyler, founded in 1889.
Charles Tyler brought into his practice a number of distinguished attorneys, including Owen D. Young, later a president of General Electric, who practiced with Mr. Tyler from 1907 to 1913. Thomas M. Reynolds started as an office boy in the Tyler office in 1906. After graduating from law School in 1915 he joined the practice as an attorney. He went on to become senior partner of the firm in 1939.
Mr. Tyler founded his practice in the old Sears building at the site where One Boston Place now stands. When Boston’s first skyscraper, the 13 story Ames building, was built on Court Street, he moved to that building. Tyler & Reynolds remained there for the next 70 years.